There is a lot to expect from this lemon cake mix cookies. If you have ever experienced in making lemon cake cookies, then you can bring back that experience to make them once more. However, this time you should try to make it with cake mix ingredient. For those who haven’t known how to make the cookies, here are some explanations about the cookies and how to make them.
Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
Speaking about this cookie, actually you can guess the taste of it. Yes, right its taste is dominated by the taste of lemon. Then, how about the texture and the color? If the cake mix ingredient is used, then the texture is crisp on the outside and chewy and also soft in the middle. When the cookie comes out of the oven, then the common appearance should be brown and mostly yellow.
Lemon Cake Mix Cookies Tips
These simple tips will make your cookies look wonderful and also taste best. Check out these following tips.
- The Taste Is Your Choice
Should you want to have taste beside lemon, you can use chocolate flavor, strawberry flavor, and anything that suits your preference. Or, you can mix them all, but you have to consult the cookbook to have it done.
- Pick Your Taste
You can use cake mix with lemon taste or use lemon juice instead. If you don’t want to save money, then you should go to lemon juice. However, if you want to mix them both it will be okay. Just make sure you know the exact measure of them.
How to Make Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
Now, it is a high time for you to try to make this good-looking and delicious cookies. The ingredients are easy to get and you better prepare them, then follow the provided directions. Here what you should know:
1 cup of Lemon Cake Mix
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 2/3 cups of All-Purpose Flour
1 large egg
2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup of unsalted butter
a piece of a peeled lemon
- First thing first, turn on the oven and preheat it to 350o
- After that, prepare a single medium-sized bowl and put cake mix, salt, flour, and baking powder into it.
- Next, melt the butter in a microwave for about 15 seconds. Then, combine the softened butter and granulated sugar into a mixing bowl of an electric mixer. Beat with medium speed in about 2 until 3 minutes until it is well mixed.
- Add vanilla extract and egg to the mixing bowl. Beat it again until well mixed. Add the peeled lemon into the bowl and beat again until the lemon is mixed with the batter.
- Reduce the speed to low, then carefully add the dry ingredients. After it is well combined, increase the speed to medium-high to beat the batter for about 1 until 2 minutes or until it looks soft.
- Next, prepare a baking sheet and spoon 2 tablespoons of the batter on it. Press the top of the batter gently with the back of the spatula.
- Put the baking sheet containing the batter into the oven and bake for about 10 until 12 minutes. Once it is finished, take out the baking sheet and let the cookies to cool for several minutes before transferring them to a rack.
Lemon Cake Mix Cookies Recipe Tips
There are some extra additional tips to notice.
- If you think that the cookies look too plain, then you may want to add topping too. The topping flavors could be anything that suits your need. It can be chocolate flavor, strawberry flavor, or even lemon flavor if you want to add extra lemon taste to your cookies.
- Please note that you can use one flavor in the ingredients which is lemon juice. This recipe is about to show how to make lemon cookies using cake mix, therefore there is extra ingredients added to the recipe.
This cookies are really great to accompany your holiday or when you have an afternoon tea with your family members or friends. You don’t have to spend too much time in the kitchen because the cookies are easy to make. Simply follow the recipe and you will get the best taste of your lemon cake mix cookies.